folk music (uncountable)
- Any genre of music originating from the ethnic community of a specific region, often passed down through oral tradition, without recorded songwriters and possessing a clear purpose or social function.
- Any contemporary music in the style of traditional folk music, especially a specific genre of originally American popular music that draws on Anglo-American musical forms.
- French: folk, musique folk
- German: Volksmusik
- Portuguese: música folclórica
- Russian: наро́дная му́зыка
- Spanish: música folklórica, folk música
- German: Weltmusik
- Portuguese: música folk, folk
- Russian: фолк