- (British) IPA: /ˈfɔː(ɹ)ˌɡɹaʊnd/
foreground (plural foregrounds)
- The elements of an image which lie closest to the picture plane.
- The subject of an image, often depicted at the bottom in a two-dimensional work.
- (computing, often, attributive) The application the user is currently interacting with; the application window that appears in front of all others.
- French: premier plan, avant-plan
- German: Vordergrund
- Italian: primo piano
- Portuguese: primeiro plano
- Russian: пере́дний пла́н
- Spanish: primer plano
foreground (foregrounds, present participle foregrounding; past and past participle foregrounded)
- To place in the foreground (physically or metaphorically)