- (not comparable) approaching#Adjective|Approaching or about to take place.
- Synonyms: imminent, impending, Thesaurus:impending
- I shall vote in the forthcoming election.
- Available when needed#Adjective|needed; in place#Adjective|in place, ready#Adjective|ready.
- Antonyms: unforthcoming
- The money was not forthcoming.
- willing#Adjective|Willing to co-operate or provide information; candid, frank#Adjective|frank, responsive.
- Once I explained why I needed to know, she was really forthcoming.
- French: prochain
- German: bevorstehend, entgegenkommend
- Italian: prossimo, venturo, imminente
- Portuguese: próximo, vindouro
- Russian: ближа́йший
- Spanish: próximo, venturo
- German: mitteilsam
forthcoming (plural forthcomings)
- An act#Noun|act of coming forth.
- Something that is yet to come#Verb|come.
- present participle of forthcome#English|forthcome