- IPA: /ˈfɹɛkəl/
freckle (plural freckles)
- A small brownish or reddish pigmentation spot on the surface of the skin.
- Steve has brown hair, blue eyes, and freckles on his cheeks and nose.
, Runaway Jane:
- The rabbits came out from their burrows to peep,
- The wind whispered, "Hush! little Jane's gone to sleep!"
- And the spiders came spinning a curtain of lace,
- Lest the sun should make freckles on Jane's pretty face.
- Any small spot or discoloration.
- (Australia) A small sweet consisting of a flattish mound of chocolate covered in hundreds and thousands.
- (Australia, slang) The anus.
- French: tache de rousseur
- German: Sommersprosse
- Italian: lentiggine
- Portuguese: sarda
- Russian: весну́шка
- Spanish: peca
- German: Fleckchen
freckle (freckles, present participle freckling; past and past participle freckled)
- (transitive) To cover with freckles.
- (intransitive) To become covered with freckles.
- Portuguese: cobrir de sardas
- Spanish: tener peca