- (intransitive, slang, vulgar) To make a mistake, to go wrong.
- Synonyms: screw up, mess up, Thesaurus:make a mistake
- You really fucked up this time.
- (transitive, vulgar) To botch or make a mess of.
- I fucked up question 3 of the exam.
- (transitive, vulgar) To injure or damage.
- I fucked up my knee while running the marathon.
- (vulgar) To cause someone to make a big mistake.
- (used only in imperative, vulgar) Short for shut up#English|shut the fuck up.
- Fuck up, mate! I don't want to listen to you!
- (vulgar) To cause significant physical damage to someone's body, especially in a fight.
- Synonyms: mar
- French: merder
- German: Mist bauen
- Italian: fare una cazzata, farla grossa
- Portuguese: fazer besteira, meter os pés pelas mãos, foder tudo (Brazil)
- Russian: накосячить
- Spanish: joder, fastidiar, meter la pata, cagar, pifiar
- German: verbocken
- Russian: запороть
- French: bousiller, défoncer, niquer
- Portuguese: foder
- Russian: разъеба́ть
- Spanish: joder, cagar, (Colombia) tirar, (Mexico) chingar
fuck up (plural fuck ups)
- Alternative spelling of fuckup#English|fuckup