- Substance consumed to provide energy through combustion, or through chemical or nuclear reaction.
- Substance that provides nourishment for a living organism; food.
- (figuratively) Something that stimulates, encourages or maintains an action.
- His books were fuel for the revolution.
- Money is the fuel for economy.
- That film was nightmare fuel!
- French: carburant, combustible
- German: Brennstoff, Treibstoff
- Italian: carburante, combustibile
- Portuguese: combustível
- Russian: то́пливо
- Spanish: combustible
fuel (fuels, present participle fueling; past and past participle fueled)
- To provide with fuel.
- To exacerbate, to cause to grow or become greater.