funny (comparative funnier, superlative funniest)
- Amusing; humorous; comical. [from the mid-18th c.]
- When I went to the circus, I only found the clowns funny.
- Strange or unusual, often implying unpleasant. [from the early 19th c.]
- The milk smelt funny so I poured it away.
- I've got a funny feeling that this isn't going to work.
- (UK, informal) Showing unexpected resentment.
- French: drôle, amusant, rigolo (familiar), marrant (familiar)
- German: komisch, lustig, spaßig
- Italian: buffo, buffa, divertente, esilarante
- Portuguese: engraçado, divertido
- Russian: смешно́й
- Spanish: divertido, cómico, gracioso, chistoso
- French: étrange, marrant (familiar), bizarre
- German: komisch, merkwürdig, seltsam, eigenartig
- Italian: inconsueto, strano
- Portuguese: estranho
- Russian: стра́нный
- Spanish: extraño, raro, inusual
funny (plural funnies)Translations
funny (not comparable)
- (nonstandard) In an unusual manner; strangely.
funny (plural funnies)