garment (plural garments)
- A single item of clothing.
- 1910, Emerson Hough, chapter I, in The Purchase Price: Or The Cause of Compromise, Indianapolis, Ind.: The Bobbs-Merrill Company, OCLC 639762314 ↗, page 0108 ↗:
- This new-comer was a man who in any company would have seemed striking. […] Indeed, all his features were in large mold, like the man himself, as though he had come from a day when skin garments made the proper garb of men.
- French: vêtement
- German: Kleidungsstück
- Italian: vestito, indumento, capo, abito
- Portuguese: roupa, veste, indumento
- Russian: предме́т одежды
- Spanish: prenda
garment (garments, present participle garmenting; past and past participle garmented)
- (transitive) To clothe in a garment.