- (RP) IPA: /ˈɡæɹ.ʊ.ləs/, /ˈɡæɹ.jʊ.ləs/
- (America) IPA: /ˈɡɛɹ.ə.ləs/, /ˈɡɛɹ.jə.ləs/, /ˈɡæɹ.ə.ləs/, /ˈɡæɹ.jə.ləs/
- Excessively or tiresomely talkative.
- Synonyms: chatty, talkative, long-winded, loquacious, tonguey, voluble, Thesaurus:talkative
- 1984, "A Modern Whitman," by James Atlas. The Atlantic, Dec 1984.
- Crammed with gossip, anecdotes, and confessions . . ., his garrulous, untidy narratives read like a good novel.
- (of something written or performed) Excessively wordy and rambling.
- Synonyms: bombastic, rambling, wordy, Thesaurus:verbose
- German: geschwätzig
- Italian: garrulo
- Portuguese: gárrulo, tagarela
- Russian: болтли́вый
- Spanish: gárrulo, lenguón, lenguaz, locuaz
- Russian: простра́нный
- Spanish: gárrulo