- IPA: /ˈɡæ.ðə.ɹɪŋ/
gathering (plural gatherings)
- A meeting or get-together; a party or social function.
- I met her at a gathering of engineers and scientists.
- A group of people or things.
- A gathering of fruit.
- (bookbinding) A section, a group of bifolios, or sheets of paper, stacked together and folded in half.
- This gathering machine forms the backbone of a bookbinding operation.
- A charitable contribution; a collection.
- (medicine) A tumor or boil suppurated or maturated; an abscess.
- French: rencontre, réunion, rassemblement
- German: Zusammenkunft
- Italian: incontro, raduno
- Portuguese: encontro
- Russian: встре́ча
- Spanish: fiesta
- present participle of gather#English|gather
gathering (not comparable)
- That gathers together
- She was worried by the gathering stormclouds.