- (used to tell someone to go away) beat it, push off, go away, fuck off, take a hike, piss off, bugger off, clear off, away with you, vamoose
- See also Thesaurus:go away
- French: casse-toi, tire-toi, barre-toi, va te faire, va te faire voir, va te faire fiche, dégage
- German: hau ab!, geh weg!, verschwinde!, mach, dass du wegkommst!, verpiss dich!, schleich dich!
- Italian: vai!, sparisci! (colloquial), vattene!
- Portuguese: vá/vai embora!, se/te manda!
- Russian: пошёл во́н!
- Spanish: vete a bañar, ándate, vete, piérdete, ¡que te zurzan!
- (intransitive) To lose one's way.
- Don't you have a map? How did we get lost?
- I got lost in his reasoning.
- (intransitive) To be absent, to seem to be absent.
- The violins get lost with the rest of the music.
- (intransitive, usually in imperative and reported speech, idiom) To exit from the scene.
- I don't want to have to tell you again: Get lost!
- They had a row and Fred told Jack to get lost.
- Jack did a good job of getting lost: nobody saw him for 4 years.
- French: se perdre, s'égarer, se paumer (slang)
- Italian: perdersi
- Portuguese: perder-se
- Russian: заблуди́ться
- Spanish: perderse