girlfriend (plural girlfriends)
- A female partner in an unmarried romantic relationship.
- cot en
- Marc went to the park with his girlfriend and watched the sunset with her.
- A female friend.
- Synonyms: chickfriend
- cot en
- Mary always enjoyed hanging out with her girlfriend Jessica.
- French: amie, petite amie (dated, adolescents), copine (young adults), petite copine (dated), blonde (Quebec), nana (adolescents), meuf (adolescents), femme (young adults), chérie, compagne (adults), partenaire (adults)
- German: qual with possessive pronoun Freundin, Girlfriend (colloquial)
- Italian: ragazza, fidanzata, donna
- Portuguese: namorada
- Russian: подру́жка
- Spanish: novia, polola
- French: une amie (close friend; best friend: ma meilleure amie), une copine (acquaintance, friend; rarely used by adult men; "ma meilleure copine" is used by children for "best friend")
- German: eine Freundin
- Italian: amica, amica del cuore
- Portuguese: amiga
- Russian: подру́га
- Spanish: amiga