- (uncountable) Joy; happiness great delight, especially from one's own good fortune or from another's misfortune.
- Synonyms: merriment, mirth, gaiety, gloat
- (uncountable) Music; minstrelsy; entertainment.
- (music, countable) An unaccompanied part song for three or more solo voices, not necessarily merry.
- French: joie
- German: Freude, Fröhlichkeit, Ausgelassenheit
- Italian: gioia, allegria
- Portuguese: alegria
- Russian: ликова́ние
- Spanish: alegría
- German: Rundgesang
- Russian: пе́сня
glee (glees, present participle gleeing; past and past participle gleed)
- To sing a glee (unaccompanied part song).