goatee (plural goatees)
- A beard trimmed to grow only at the center of the chin.
- cot en
- 1906 January–October, Joseph Conrad, chapter III, in The Secret Agent: A Simple Tale, London: Methuen & Co., […], published 1907, OCLC 270548466 ↗; The Secret Agent: A Simple Tale (Collection of British Authors; 3995), copyright edition, Leipzig: Bernhard Tauchnitz, 1907, OCLC 1107573959 ↗, page 44 ↗:
- The terrorist, as he called himself, was old and bald, with a narrow, snow-white wisp of a goatee hanging limply from his chin.
- French: barbiche, bouc
- German: Spitzbart, Kinnbart, Ziegenbart, Goatee
- Italian: pizzo, pizzetto
- Portuguese: cavanhaque, cavaignac
- Russian: козли́ная боро́дка
- Spanish: perilla, piocha (Mexico), barba de chivo, chiva, chivera