- Used as a greeting when meeting somebody for the first time in the morning.
- "Good morning, Joan," said Judy at 9:00 AM.
- (by extension, humorous) Used to greet someone who has just awakened (irrespective of the time of day).
- (by extension, informal) Said to someone who has come to a belated realization.
- A greeting said when parting from someone in the morning.
- French: bonjour, (only Canada) bon matin
- German: guten Morgen
- Italian: buon giorno, buongiorno
- Portuguese: bom dia
- Russian: до́брое у́тро
- Spanish: buenos días, buen día, (informal) buenas
good morning (plural good mornings)
- An exercise performed by bending forward at the waist and then returning to a standing posture, while bearing a barbell across the shoulders.