grace note (plural grace notes)
- (music) A musical#Adjective|musical note#Noun|note, indicated on a score#Noun|score in smaller type#Noun|type with or without a slash#Noun|slash through it, play#Verb|played to ornament#Verb|ornament the melody rather than as part of it. Its note value does not count#Verb|count as part of the total#Noun|total time#Noun|time value#Noun|value of the measure#Noun|measure it appears in.
- Synonyms: grace
- (figuratively) Something that decorates, embellishes, or ornaments; a finishing touch.
- French: note d'agrément, ornement
- German: Vorschlagsnote
- Italian: abbellimento, grupetto, nota di tolleranza
- Portuguese: nota de ornamento, nota ornamental
- Russian: форшла́г
- Spanish: grace, nota de la tolerancia