- A sequence of gradual, successive stages; a systematic progression.
- A passing by small degrees from one tone or shade, as of color, to another.
- Synonyms: nuance
- The act of gradating or arranging in grades.
- Any degree or relative position in an order or series.
- the several gradations of the intelligent universe
- (countable) A calibration marking.
- (music) A gradual change within one parameter, or an overlapping of two blocks of sound.
- (music) A diatonic succession of chords.
- (phonetics) Apophony.
- Russian: перехо́д
gradation (gradations, present participle gradationing; past and past participle gradationed)
- (transitive) To form with gradations.