- Animal fat in a melted or soft state
- (extension) Any oily or fatty matter.
- Shorn but not yet cleansed wool
- Inflammation of a horse's heels, also known as scratches or pastern dermatitis.
grease (greases, present participle greasing; past and past participle greased)
- (transitive) To put grease or fat on something, especially in order to lubricate.
- (transitive, informal) To bribe.
- the greased advocate that grinds the poor
- (transitive, informal) To cause to go easily; to facilitate.
- (transitive, slang, aviation) To perform a landing extraordinarily smoothly.
- To my amazement, I greased the landing despite the tricky crosswinds.
- (transitive, slang) To kill, murder.
- (obsolete) To cheat or cozen; to overreach.
- To affect (a horse) with grease, the disease.
- French: lubrifier