- IPA: /ɡʌŋk/
- (uncountable, informal) dirt or grime; any vague or unknown substance
- I washed all the gunk off the light fixture, and found that it was white, not brown.
- (uncountable) A subculture of 21st century American males, combining elements of modern gothic culture with punk rock.
- (countable) A member of the gunk subculture.
- French: saleté
- German: Dreck, Schleim, Schmiere, Schmodder, Schmutz
- Italian: sudiciume
- Portuguese: sujeira
- Russian: грязь
- Spanish: porquería , mugre, pringue, tizne, cochambre, suciedad
gunk (gunks, present participle gunking; past and past participle gunked)