- IPA: /həˌluːsɪˈneɪʃən/
- A sensory perception of something that does not exist, often arising from disorder of the nervous system, as in delirium tremens; a delusion.
- Hallucinations are always evidence of cerebral derangement and are common phenomena of insanity. - W. A. Hammond
- The act of hallucinating; a wandering of the mind; an error, mistake or blunder.
- This must have been the hallucination of the transcriber. - Joseph Addison
- French: hallucination, illusion
- German: Halluzination, Wahnvorstellung, Sinnestäuschung, Illusion
- Italian: allucinazione
- Portuguese: alucinação
- Russian: галлюцина́ция
- Spanish: alucinación, ilusión