- IPA: /ˈhæmlət/
hamlet (plural hamlets)
- A small village or a group of houses.
- (British) A village that does not have its own church.
- Any of the fish of the genus Hypoplectrus in the family Serranidae.
- French: hameau
- German: Weiler, Dorf, (pejorative) Kaff
- Italian: casale, località, villaggio, frazione, borgata, borgo
- Portuguese: aldeia
- Russian: дереву́шка
- Spanish: aldehuela, caserío, aldea
- German: Hamletbarsche
- (British, America) IPA: /ˈhæmlət/
- The eponymous main character of William Shakespeare's play, whose father's ghost, murdered by Hamlet's uncle, exhorts him to seek revenge.
- French: Hamlet
- German: Hamlet
- Italian: Amleto
- Portuguese: Hamlet
- Russian: Га́млет
- Spanish: Hamlet
- (biochemistry) A protein complex of alpha-lactalbumin and oleic acid that induces apoptosis in tumor cells, but not in healthy cells.