- IPA: /ˈhændl̩ɪŋ/, /ˈhændlɪŋ/
- A touching, controlling, managing, using, take care of, etc., with the hand or hands, or as with the hands.
- The heavens and your fair handling / Have made you master of the field this day.
- 1864, Oregon. Legislative Assembly. House of Representatives
- […] at San Francisco it is warehoused and reshipped to Liverpool, or other foreign market; and in exchange for this wheat, comes back the merchandise which has to pass through all these shipments, reshipments, warehousings, handlings, &c.
- (arts) The mode of using the pencil or brush; style of touch.
- A criminal offence, the trade in stolen goods.
- handling charge
- handling fee
- French: manipulation, maniement
- German: Bedienung, Handhabung, Umgang, Handling
- Portuguese: manuseio, manejo
- Russian: обрабо́тка
- Spanish: manipulación, manejo
- present participle of handle#English|handle