handy (comparative handier, superlative handiest)
- Easy to use, useful.
- Some people regard duct tape as a handy fix-all.
- Nearby, within reach.
- Synonyms: at hand
- You wouldn’t have a screwdriver handy, would you?
- I keep a first-aid kit handy in case of emergency.
- Of a person: dexterous, skilful.
- Synonyms: crafty
- She's very handy: she made all her own kitchen cupboards.
- (slang) Physically violent; tending to use one's fists.
- Of a freight ship: having a small cargo capacity (less than 40,000 DWT); belonging to the handysize class.
- French: pratique, commode
- German: anstellig, handlich, praktisch
- Italian: utile, pratico
- Portuguese: útil, prático
- Russian: удо́бный
- Spanish: práctico, hábil
- French: à portée de main
- German: in Reichweite, griffbereit, zur Hand
- Italian: comodo
- Portuguese: à mão, fácil (colloquial)
- Russian: рука
- Spanish: a mano, cerca
handy (plural handies)
- (vulgar, slang) A hand job.
- (rare) A male given name.