hardy (comparative hardier, superlative hardiest)
- Having rugged physical strength; inured to fatigue or hardships.
- A hardy plant is one that can withstand the extremes of climate, such as frost.
- Brave and resolute.
- French: robuste, rustique (of a plant)
- German: abgehärtet, widerstandsfähig
- Italian: resistente, robusto
- Russian: выно́сливый
hardy (plural hardies)
- (usually, in the plural) Anything, especially a plant, that is hardy.
- A blacksmith's fuller or chisel, having a square shank for insertion into a square hole in an anvil, called the hardy hole.
- Surname, originally a nickname for a hardy person.
- Thomas Hardy (1840-1928), English novelist and poet.
- A male given name.