haywire (plural haywires)Synonyms
- baler twine
- Russian: вяза́льная про́волока
- Roughly-made, unsophisticated, decrepit (from the use of haywire for temporary repairs).
- Behaving erratically or uncontrollably, especially of a machine or mechanical process; usually used with the verb "go".
- It was working fine until it went haywire and wouldn't stop printing blank sheets.
- Those kids go haywire when they don't get what they want.
- "I got phone orders at Tuolumne Meadows to pack up and come over Sunrise Trail. Started at sunrise. Everything haywire, including cranky pack horse which kept getting off trail. Phoned in at Vernal Falls station. Ordered to hurry down, help catch two auto thieves which broke jail just after breakfast. Assigned to guard Coulterville Road.
- German: drunter und drüber, durcheinander
- Italian: confuso, impazzito
- Russian: ненорма́льный
- Spanish: caótico, fuera de control