- IPA: /ˈhaɪndsaɪt/
- Realisation or understanding of the significance and nature of events after they have occurred
- In hindsight, I should have quit that job sooner.
- When you read "Seven Little Rabbits ↗" at age 6 and read it again 15 years later, the hindsight you've developed in the time between will make you look at and think of the book very differently!
- (rare) The rear sight of a firearm
- French: recul
- German: Rückblick
- Italian: senno di poi
- Portuguese: retrospecto
- Russian: взгля́д в про́шлое
- Spanish: retrospectiva, perspectiva, noción/conocimiento "a posteriori"
- French: avec le recul, rétrospectivement
- German: im Nachhinein
- Portuguese: em retrospecto
- Spanish: en retrospectiva, en perspectiva, "a posteriori", a toro pasado