- A hotchpotch; a collection containing a variety of miscellaneous things.
- His latest sculpture is a hodgepodge of kitchen clutter and scrap glued together. In fact, all his recent pieces have been similar hodgepodges.
- 1653, Izaak Walton, The Compleat Angler
- Man's life is but vain, for 'tis subject to pain, / And sorrow, and short as a bubble; / 'Tis a hodge-podge of business, and money, and care, / And care, and money, and trouble.
- A confused mass of ingredients shaken or mixed together in the same pot.
- farrago, hotchpotch, melange, mingle-mangle, mishmash, oddments, odds and ends, omnium-gatherum, ragbag
- See also Thesaurus:hodgepodge
- French: salmigondis, fatras
- German: Sammelsurium, Mischmasch, Wust
- Italian: pot-pourri, accozzaglia, zibaldone, miscuglio, pasticcio, pastrocchio, guazzabuglio
- Portuguese: mistureba, miscelânea, mistureba
- Russian: вся́кая вся́чина
- Spanish: mezcolanza
hodgepodge (hodgepodges, present participle hodgepodging; past and past participle hodgepodged)
- (ambitransitive) To move or position in an erratic, disorganised manner.