- (America) enPR ho͝of, IPA: /hʊf/, /huːf/
hoof (plural hoofs)
- The tip of a toe of an ungulate such as a horse, ox or deer, strengthened by a thick keratin covering.
- (slang) The human foot.
- Get your hooves off me!
- (geometry, dated) An ungula.
- French: sabot
- German: Huf
- Italian: zoccolo
- Portuguese: casco, pata, pezunho
- Russian: копы́то
- Spanish: pezuña, casco
hoof (hoofs, present participle hoofing; past and past participle hoofed)
- To trample with hooves.
- (colloquial) To walk.
- (informal) To dance, especially as a professional.
- (colloquial, football (soccer), transitive) To kick, especially to kick a football a long way downfield with little accuracy.
- Synonyms: boot