- IPA: /ˈhuː.lɪ.ɡən/
hooligan (plural hooligans)
- (informal, pejorative) A person that causes trouble or violence.
- Synonyms: Thesaurus:troublemaker
- Ellipsis of football hooligan#English|football hooligan.
- (Navy slang, pejorative) A member of the coast guard.
- A type of fish, an anadromous smelt, Thaleichthys pacificus, found in the North Pacific.
- Synonyms: eulachon, candlefish
- French: hooligan, casseur, voyou
- German: Hooligan, Raufbold, Randalierer, Rowdy, Störenfried, Vandale, Unruhestifter, Querulant
- Italian: teppista, vandalo, hooligan
- Portuguese: hooligan, vândalo, arruaceiro, baderneiro
- Russian: хулига́н
- Spanish: gamberro, gamberra, vándalo, vándala, hooligan