- IPA: /həˈɹaɪzən/
horizon (plural horizons)
- The visible horizontal line or point (in all directions) that appears to connect the Earth to the sky.
- Synonyms: skysill, skyline
- A tall building was visible on the horizon.
- (figuratively) The range or limit of one's knowledge, experience or interest.
- Some students take a gap year after finishing high school to broaden their horizons.
- The range or limit of any dimension in which one exists.
- (geology) A specific layer of soil or strata
- (archaeology, mainly, , US) A cultural sub-period or level within a more encompassing time period.
- Any level line or surface.
- (chess) The point at which a computer chess algorithm stops searching for further moves.
- French: horizon
- German: Horizont
- Italian: orizzonte
- Portuguese: horizonte
- Russian: горизо́нт
- Spanish: horizonte