- IPA: /ˈhaʊzɪŋ/
- present participle of house#English|house
- We are housing the company's servers in Florida.
- (uncountable) The activity of enclosing something or providing a residence for someone.
- (uncountable) Residences, collectively.
- She lives in low-income housing.
- (countable) A mechanical component's container or covering.
- The gears were grinding against their housing.
- A cover or cloth for a horse's saddle, as an ornamental or military appendage; a saddlecloth; a horse cloth; in plural, trappings.
- An appendage to the harness or collar of a harness.
- (architecture) The space taken out of one solid to admit the insertion of part of another, such as the end of one timber in the side of another.
- A niche for a statue.
- (nautical) That portion of a mast or bowsprit which is beneath the deck or within the vessel.
- (nautical) A houseline.
- (houses, collectively) accommodation, lodging
- (mechanical component's container) case, casing, cover, covering, lid