- IPA: /ɪˌdɛntɪfɪˈkeɪʃən/, /aɪˌdɛntɪfɪˈkeɪʃən/
- The act of identifying, or proving to be the same.
- Much education and experience is required for proper identification of bird species
- The state of being identified.
- A particular instance of identifying something.
- information necessary to make a good identification
- A document or documents serving as evidence of a person's identity.
- The authorities asked for his identification
- A feeling of support, sympathy, understanding or belonging towards somebody or something.
- French: identification
- German: Identifizierung
- Italian: identificazione
- Portuguese: identificação
- Russian: идентифика́ция
- Spanish: identificación