- (RP) enPR: ĭgnôʹ, IPA: /ɪɡˈnɔː/
- (America) enPR: ĭgnôrʹ, IPA: /ɪɡˈnɔɹ/
- (rhotic, horse-hoarse) enPR: ĭgnōrʹ, IPA: /ɪɡˈno(ː)ɹ/
- (nonrhotic, horse-hoarse) IPA: /ɪɡˈnoə/
ignore (ignores, present participle ignoring; past and past participle ignored) (transitive)
- To deliberately not listen or pay attention to.
- To pretend to not notice someone or something.
- (obsolete) Fail to notice.
- (obsolete) Not to know.
- (to deliberately pay no attention to) misheed, neglect, unmind, unheed; see also Thesaurus:ignore
- (to pretend to not notice) connive, dissimulate, overlook, turn a blind eye to, wink at
- (fail to notice) misheed, overlook; see also Thesaurus:fail to notice
- (not to know) be ignorant of
- (to deliberately pay no attention to) notice, recognize, watch; see also Thesaurus:pay attention
- (to pretend to not notice) notice, observe
- (to fail to notice)
- (not to know) know
- French: ignorer, ne pas prêter attention à, ne pas tenir compte de
- German: ignorieren, missachten
- Italian: ignorare
- Portuguese: ignorar
- Russian: игнори́ровать
- Spanish: ignorar, desoír