immune system (plural immune systems)
- (anatomy, immunology) The system that differentiates self from non-self and protects the body from foreign substances and pathogenic organisms by producing an immune response. It includes organs such as the thymus, the spleen and lymph nodes; tissue such as bone marrow, and lymphoid tissues such as the tonsils; cells such as lymphocytes including the B cells and T cells, and cell products such as antibodies.
- French: système immunitaire
- German: Immunsystem
- Italian: sistema immunitario
- Portuguese: sistema imunológico
- Russian: имму́нная систе́ма
- Spanish: sistema inmunitario