- IPA: /ɪmˈpɛnətɹəbəl/, /ɪmˈpɛntɹəbəl/
impenetrable (not comparable)
- Not penetrable.
- The fortress is impenetrable, so it cannot be taken.
- The avalanche spread and stopped, locking everything it carried into an icy cocoon. It was now a jagged, virtually impenetrable pile of ice, longer than a football field and nearly as wide.
- (figuratively) incomprehensible#English|Incomprehensible; fathomless; inscrutable.
- Business jargon makes this document impenetrable, I can't understand it.
- opaque#English|Opaque; obscure; not translucent or transparent.
- When night falls, she cloaks the world in impenetrable darkness.
- (not penetrable) penetrable, pregnable, fathomable
- (incomprehensible) See also Thesaurus:comprehensible
- French: impénétrable
- German: undurchlässig
- Russian: (impermeable) непроница́емый
- Spanish: impenetrable