implement (plural implements)
- A tool or instrument for working with.
- They carried an assortment of gardening implements in the truck.
- 1900, Sigmund Freud, The Interpretation of Dreams, Avon Books, (translated by James Strachey) pg. 234:
- A man dreamt as follows: He saw two boys struggling—barrel-maker’s boys, to judge by the implements lying around.
- See also Thesaurus:instrument
- French: instrument
- German: Werkzeug, Gerät, Arbeitsgerät
- Italian: attrezzo, utensile, arnese
- Portuguese: implemento, ferramenta, instrumento
- Russian: инструме́нт
- Spanish: implemento, herramienta, instrumento
implement (implements, present participle implementing; past and past participle implemented)
- to bring about; to put into practice
- It’s a good thought, but it will be a difficult thing to implement.
- to carry out; to do
- French: appliquer, exécuter, établir, implémenter
- German: vollziehen, durchführen, erfüllen, implementieren, ausführen, umsetzen
- Italian: mettere in pratica, attuare, implementare
- Portuguese: implementar
- Russian: выполня́ть
- Spanish: implementar