in terms of
- (mathematics) [of one variable or unit of measurement x which has a known relationship to another y] Using equivalent expressions in y in place of expressions in x; mapping x to y.
- If x=2y then 5x can be expressed in terms of y as 10y.
- (by extension) in relation to a particular aspect; with respect to; as regards; concerning; regarding.
- I switched to a different bank for better customer service, but there was little difference in terms of interest rates.
- She has no idea how she wants the house to look in terms of décor.
- French: en termes de
- German: in Bezug auf, in Hinsicht auf, hinsichtlich, bezüglich
- Russian: в отноше́нии