- (British) IPA: /ɪnɔːɡ(j)ʊˈɹeɪʃən/
- The act of inaugurating, or inducting into office with solemnity; investiture by appropriate ceremonies.
- The formal beginning or initiation of any movement, enterprise, event etc.
- The inauguration of the new bar was a success, with plenty of discounts.
- French: investiture, inauguration
- German: Amtseinführung, Inauguration
- Italian: inaugurazione
- Portuguese: inauguração
- Russian: инаугура́ция
- Spanish: investidura
- French: inauguration
- Portuguese: tomada de posse, entrância
- Russian: торже́ственное откры́тие
- Spanish: inauguración