- not convenient
- Antonyms: convenient
- French: incommode, inconvenant
- German: unbequem, unpraktisch, ungünstig, ungelegen, unpassend, unangebracht, inopportun, lästig, unannehmlich (rare, obsolete)
- Italian: sconveniente
- Portuguese: inconveniente
- Russian: неудо́бный
- Spanish: incómodo, inconveniente
inconvenient (plural inconvenients)
- (obsolete) An inconsistency, an incongruity.
- 1603, Michel de Montaigne, chapter 14, in John Florio, transl., The Essayes, […], book II, printed at London: By Val[entine] Simmes for Edward Blount […], OCLC 946730821 ↗:
- To provide against this inconvenient, when the Stoikes were demanded whence the election of two indifferent things commeth into our soule […] they answer, that this motion of the soule is extraorainarie and irregular comming into us by a strange, accidentall and casuall impulsion.
- (obsolete) An inconvenient circumstance or situation; an inconvenience.