- IPA: /ɪnˈflɛkt/
inflect (inflects, present participle inflecting; past and past participle inflected)
- (transitive) To cause to curve inwards.
- (transitive, music) To change the tone or pitch of the voice when speaking or singing.
- (transitive, grammar) To vary the form of a word to express tense, gender, number, mood, etc.
- (transitive) To influence in style.
- (to bend or curve inwards) inbend
- Russian: сгиба́ть
- Russian: модули́ровать
- Spanish: modular
- French: infléchir
- German: flektieren, beugen
- Italian: coniugare, flettere
- Portuguese: variar, flexionar
- Russian: склоня́ть
- Spanish: conjugar (of a verb), declinar (of a noun)