- IPA: /ɪnˈflɛkʃən/
- (grammar) A change in the form of a word that reflects a change in grammatical function.
- an inflection for gender, number, or tense
- A change in pitch or tone of voice.
- (mathematics) A change in curvature from concave to convex or from convex to concave.
- A turning away from a straight course.
- (optometry) diffraction
- French: flexion, inflexion
- German: Flexion, Beugung, Biegung
- Italian: desinenza, flessione
- Portuguese: flexão
- Russian: фле́ксия
- Spanish: flexión
- Italian: inflessione, cadenza, calata, modulazione, intonazione
- Portuguese: inflexão, entonação
- Russian: модуля́ция
- Spanish: inflexión