• IPA: /ɪnˈflɛkʃən/


  1. (grammar) A change in the form of a word that reflects a change in grammatical function.
    an inflection for gender, number, or tense
  2. A change in pitch or tone of voice.
  3. (mathematics) A change in curvature from concave to convex or from convex to concave.
  4. A turning away from a straight course.
  5. (optometry) diffraction
Synonyms Related terms Translations Translations Translations Translations

This text is extracted from the Wiktionary and it is available under the CC BY-SA 3.0 license | Terms and conditions | Privacy policy 0.003
Offline English dictionary