- IPA: /ˈɪnəsn̩s/
- Absence of responsibility for a crime, tort, etc.
- Synonyms: unguilt
- Antonyms: guilt
- Her attorney managed to convince the jury of her innocence.
- Lack of understanding about sensitive subjects such as sexuality and crime.
- Synonyms: naivety
- In his innocence, he offered the stranger to bring the package to Paris, never suspecting it contained drugs.
- Lack of ability or intention to harm or damage.
- Synonyms: harmlessness
- Antonyms: harmfulness
- Tests have demonstrated the innocence of this substance.
- (obsolete) Imbecility; mental deficiency.
- German: Harmlosigkeit
- Portuguese: inocência
- Russian: неви́нность