- IPA: /ˌɪnəˈveɪʃən/
- The act of innovating; the introduction of something new, in customs, rites, etc.
- A change effected by innovating; a change in customs
- The others, whose time had been more actively employed, began to shew symptoms of innovation,—"the good wine did its good office." The frost of etiquette, and pride of birth, began to give way before the genial blessings of this benign constellation, and the formal appellatives with which the three dignitaries had hitherto addressed each other, were now familiarly abbreviated into Tully, Bally, and Killie.
- Something new, and contrary to established customs, manners, or rites.
- A newly formed shoot, or the annually produced addition to the stems of many mosses.
- French: innovation
- German: Innovation, Novität
- Portuguese: inovação
- Russian: нововведе́ние
- Spanish: innovación