- IPA: /ˈɪnpʊt/
- The act or process of putting in; infusion.
- That which is put in, as in an amount.
- Contribution of work or information, as an opinion or advice.
- Something fed into a process with the intention of it shaping or affecting the output of that process.
- French: entrée, intrant
- German: Eingabe
- Portuguese: entrada, input
- Russian: ввод
- Spanish: insumo, entrada
input (inputs, present participle inputting; past and past participle input)
- (transitive) To put in; put on.
- (transitive) To enter#Verb|enter data.
- The user inputs his date of birth and the computer displays his age.
- (transitive) To accept data that is entered.