- IPA: /ɪnˈsʌltɪŋ/
- Containing insult, or having the intention of insulting.
- He received an insulting letter.
- French: outrageant
- German: beleidigend
- Italian: adontoso, oltraggiatore, ingiurioso, oltraggioso, offensivo
- Portuguese: insultante, injurioso, injuriante
- Russian: оскорби́тельный
- Spanish: afrentoso
- present participle of insult#English|insult
insulting (plural insultings)
- The act of giving insult.
- grievous reproaches, and scornful insultings over him in his affliction
- Many were the outragings and insultings of the Indians upon the English while Sir Edmund Andros was Governor.