- IPA: /ɪnˈtɛnsɪti/
intensity (plural intensities)
- The quality of being intense.
- The degree of strength.
- (physics) Time-averaged energy flux (the ratio of average power to the area through which the power "flows"); irradiance.
- (optics) Can mean any of radiant intensity, luminous intensity or irradiance.
- (astronomy) Synonym of radiance#English|radiance.
- (geology) The severity of an earthquake in terms of its effects on the earth's surface, and buildings. The value depends on the distance from the epicentre, and is not to be confused with the magnitude.
- French: intensité
- German: Intensität
- Italian: intensità
- Portuguese: intensidade
- Russian: интенси́вность
- Spanish: intensidad