- IPA: /ˈin.tɚ.leɪs/, /ˌin.tɚˈleɪs/
- (visual arts) A decorative element found especially in early medieval art
- Hiberno-Saxon interlace patterns
- (electronics) A technique of improving the picture quality of a video signal primarily on CRT devices without consuming extra bandwidth.
- German: Flechtband
- German: Zeilensprung
interlace (interlaces, present participle interlacing; past and past participle interlaced)
- (transitive) To cross one with another; to interweave
- to interlace wires
- To mingle; to blend.
- (intransitive) To cross one another as if woven together; to intertwine; to blend intricately.
- interlacing branches