- (America) IPA: /ɪnˈtɜɹˈlæŋɡwɪd͡ʒ/
interlanguage (plural interlanguages)
- A language generated by a student of an additional language that incorporates aspects of their native language and the target language.
- Trasyanka and Surzhyk are interlanguages: a Belarusian–Russian and a Ukrainian-Russian mixed language.
- A lingua franca, a common language used by speakers of different languages.
- Synonyms: koine, lingua franca
- Latin used to be the European interlanguage. Currently English widely serves this purpose.
- A pidgin or creole.
- French: interlangue
- German: Interimssprache
- Russian: интер-язы́к