intermediary (not comparable)Translations
- German: intermediär
intermediary (plural intermediaries)
- An agent acting as a mediator between sides that may disagree.
- 1945 August 17, George Orwell [pseudonym; Eric Arthur Blair], chapter 6, in Animal Farm: A Fairy Story, London: Secker & Warburg, OCLC 3655473 ↗:
- A Mr. Whymper, a solicitor living in Willingdon, had agreed to act as intermediary between Animal Farm and the outside world […]
- An arranger of a contract or other agreement who is separate from the parties to the agreement
- One or several stages of an event which occurs after the start and before the end.
- A person or organisation in an intermediate position in a supply chain of goods or services
- The intermediary between the manufacturer and retailer is the wholesaler