- The action of intervening; interfering in some course of events.
- (US, legal) A legal motion through which a person or entity who has not been named as a party to a case seeks to have the court order that they be made a party.
- An orchestrated attempt to convince somebody with an addiction or other psychological problem to seek professional help and/or change their behavior.
- (medicine) An action taken or procedure performed; an operation.
- French: intervention
- German: Intervention, Eingriff
- Italian: intervento
- Portuguese: intervenção
- Russian: вмеша́тельство
- Spanish: intervención